First, check out iFixit to see if it can be reused or is worth while to repair. If not, then — don’t just leave it at the curb or pile it in the back of the garage. These things may be hazardous waste. They can be reused or recycled.
- Printers, toner cartridges
- Wires, cords
- Mobile phones
- Fax machines
Take it to Best Buy, the Apple store, Staples, Dell, Samsung, Sony, Microsoft stores. Many of these stores take old tech or if in good shape they offer a discount on a new item. Here’s a guide to help you start.
- E-Waste Recycling: Staples Will Take It All (earthtechling.com)
- FundingFactory Expands List of Recyclable Items Eligible for Funding (prweb.com)
- The ReUse People of America Launches National 2012 ReUse Contest (greenreview.blogspot.de)
- How to reduce waste in the office (myzerowaste.com)
- To recycle or not to recycle – is that really a question? (dothegreenthing.com)
- The Recycling Handbook (todaysmama.com)