Care Beyond Walls and Wires uses wireless broadband tools, such as smart phones and 3G technology, to allow in-home daily monitoring of patients.
These tools will collect and transfer critical data, such as weight, blood pressure, activity and other important health indicators, to nurses at Flagstaff Medical who are following patients enrolled in the program. Information will be sent daily for three to six months after the patient’s discharge from the hospital. This daily exchange of information enables health care providers and patients to work together.
- Flagstaff Medical Center to Use Smart Phones to Extend Care for Heart Patients (prnewswire.com)
- Health IT Tools Reduce Readmissions At Philadelphia Hospitals (informationweek.com)
- Communication Tools To Improve Patient Safety (drrubinblog.com)
- A Meaningful 2012 for Health IT for Providers, Vendors and Consumers (listahit.wordpress.com)
- Verizon, Qualcomm, NIH Partner On Telemedicine (informationweek.com)